HRMS / HCM / HRIS / HR Software
Role of HR:
The role of HR in any organisation is to manage the entire lifecycle of an employee right from their entry to exit in the organisation. There are contractual, statutory and professional obligations for HR in order to:
1. Provide clarity
2. Develop competence
4. Ensure compliance and
5. Build culture.
HR constantly overlooks the job basically from 3 major stakeholder point of views:
- Organisation : To ensure the employees are highly productive and producing the results for which they are employed. They are at their optimal level giving their best to the organisation and organisation is getting their maximum return on their investment on people.
- Employees : To ensure employees are highly equipped with right knowledge and skills to deliver the job in demand. They are motivated and compensated, treated fairly, their welfare, security and safety is taken care so that the employees focus on their work to give their best.
- Statutory / Government : To ensure all statutory obligations of an organisation is complied in the interest of the organisation, employee and welfare state.
In the VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous) business environs of today, managing human capital has become more crucial than ever before. Just as technology and automation has taken over many routine tasks, so too in the field of human resources. HRMS portals have begun to increase efficiency and effectiveness of HR processes.
Business demands automated HR Solution:
Dynamic businesses call for swift decision making and efficient responses to change. HRMS empowers employees to tackle complex tasks with speed, enthusiasm and efficiency by making information available at their fingertips. Employee related information for career and organisation decision are available online.
Rely no more on excel to calculate salaries and reports. Word documents to create incentive. Letters – it is all automated, error free and available at the click of a button.
How to choose a good HRMS?
All organisations keep growing and all businesses are dynamic and unique in their own way. Hence while choosing an HRMS, the organisation should check whether the product has the capability to scale up, it has the basic foundation or platform to handle all the HR processes as the organisation grows. Can it be integrated with other software like biometric, accounting software, ERPs, etc? Is it customisable, configurable, adaptable to company’s specific demands? What is the digital storage capacity being offered? Is it available on the intranet and cloud? Is it available on both android and iOS mobile platforms? Can it handle multiple companies (legal entities), multiple divisions, geographic locations, multiple employee categories, monthly salaries and daily wages, and so on.
With routine tasks automated, data and reports are easily available, The HR team will now have the mind space and time to take on bigger better roles in improving employee engagement, morale and productivity.
Why HRMS is required ?
A good integrated HRMS is required in order to :
- Handover the control to employees with a self service portal that can drastically reduce time spent on answering routine questions – giving them access to their information.
- Turn chaos into clarity so your HR team can focus on what matters most.
- Get real time, sophisticated workforce analytics for strategic decision making at the click of a button, error free and information packed to get a better handle on the workforce.
- Configure and customise the software to meet the unique business needs.
- Ensure data privacy – Talent is highly critical & sensitive for business.
- 24 x 7 availability to users on mobile platform for easier access.
- Gain access to a system for organisation wide communication.
- Track employee life cycle, growth and progress.
- Gain scalability to match the organisation growth.
- Increases operational efficiency and productivity of your HR department.
- Reduces HR administrative costs.
- Increases employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Ensures seamless flow of information between employees, supervisors, managers and administrators.
- Improves leadership, develops succession.
- Enhances data integrity within the organisation.
- Enables you to meet compliance and audit requirements.
- Enables you to view graphical analysis of data using reports.
Any good HRMS will have the following major modules comprehensively integrated for maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
Oommen Abraham is the Promoter Director & CEO of Global Best HR & Management Consulting Private Limited. Awarded as the most powerful HR professional in India, 2010 by World HRD Congress & HR Branding Institute at the Asia Pacific Congress held in Singapore. He was formerly the President Group HR, GEMS Everonn Education Ltd and Vice President HR, CavinKare Private Limited.